Eagles Eli Ricks plays way into roster spot consideration after strong debut lives up to college nickname

Odpovědět
ymakerpi8d

Eagles Eli Ricks plays way into roster spot consideration after strong debut lives up to college nickname

Příspěvek od ymakerpi8d » 21 bře 2024 12:35

BALTIMORE -- was a long shot to make the roster prior to the preseason opener against the Ravens. That all changed with a pick-six off .Brown threw a pa s and the undrafted free agent rookie cornerback was able to read the throw and take it the other way for six, the type of game-changing plays that get rookies noticed.Ricks earned the nickname "Pick-Six Ricks" when he was a five-star recruit at LSU. He lived up to that nickname in his debut, which just happened to be his first interception returned for a touchdown in three years."At least I know it still works," Ricks said with a big smile. "I hope I keep that name forever. Emilio Pagan Jersey Just gotta keep making plays." The interception wasn't the only highlight of the night. Ricks was targeted five times in the preseason opener, allowing just one completion for seven yards. Opposing quarterbacks targeting Ricks were just 1 of 5 for 7 yards with an interception, compiling a 0.0 pa ser rating. Ricks also had two pa s breakups."I'm just hoping to build on this performance, a little bit of this and a little bit of that, but it's a great start for me," Ricks said. "I Trevor Richards Jersey really want to make a big splash in this game, and I want to feel like I can play free." There hasn't been much of an opportunity for Ricks to make splash plays over the past few seasons, mi sing seven games in his sophomore season at LSU before transferring to Alabama. Ricks admitted he had a lot of injuries in the middle of this lone season at Alabama and he wasn't himself. He didn't feel like he was Kevin Kiermaier Jersey 100% until Week 4 of last year, making five starts in 10 games. "I was waiting for my opportunity to show the world who I am still," Ricks said. "That's a little bit of what I have." Pick Six Newsletter Crafted By The Best NFL Experts Get the day's big stories + fun stuff you love like mock drafts, picks and power rankings. I agree to receive the "Pick Six Newsletter" and marketing communications, updates, special offers (including partner offers), and other information from CBS Sports and the Paramount family of companies. By pre sing sign up, I confirm that I have read and agree to the and acknowledge Paramount's . Please check the opt-in box to acknowledge that you would like to subscribe. Thanks for signing up! Keep an eye on your inbox. Sorry! There was an error proce sing your subscription. Ricks still has some work to do Tyler Glasnow Jersey in order to make the roster in a very crowded cornerback room. and are starters, while is the No. 3 and was a Charlie Morton Jersey 2023 fourth-round pick. and are in the slot, so there's six slots at the position. has a case for a roster spot in the slot and is a veteran with 21 games of starting experience. If anything Ricks significantly damaged the roster chances for Williams. Ricks didn't lock up a roster spot, but he isn't an afterthought anymore. He's in the conversation."It's a crowded room for sure, great bits of stuff every day that I can learn from our veterans," Ricks said. "The atmosphere is great. Coaches are great and they treat us like a family."It's a lot different than what I expected the NFL to have been, and it's great."

xanhast

Re: Eagles Eli Ricks plays way into roster spot consideration after strong debut lives up to college nickname

Příspěvek od xanhast » 02 dub 2024 19:33

Odpovědět